I am passionate about personally and professionally transforming myself, and those I am honored to partner with on their own transformation journey. I credit my commitment to on-going growth and development to my grandmother, “Nanny”. As an educator she lived by and modeled what it means to be a life-long learner until she passed in 2021 at 96 years of age. Since founding my own newspaper delivery business at age 13, I’ve gained a wealth of leadership experience and business acumen via 40+ years of exemplary service in a variety of challenging positions in the U.S. Air Force and the private sector.
As an impactful leader in high technology, aerospace and defense, and healthcare industries, and a decorated Air Force Officer, before becoming a Certified Professional Business Coach, I bring a wealth of diverse expertise when I partner with C-Suite Executives, Business Owners, and Emerging Leaders. During our partnership, my primary objective is to help you clarify your strategic objectives, align your plans and actions, attain exquisite execution through ownership and accountability, to achieve your desired next level outcomes.
In me, you have a partner with a proven track record of success in situations requiring leadership, discernment, decisiveness, and keen situation awareness. I am a trusted advisor, strategic thinker, adaptive, self-directed, passionate servant-leader, adept at problem solving, and many other business disciplines. I am skilled in overcoming obstacles, conducting complex business transactions, prioritizing competing interests, facilitating crucial conversations, partnering with and working through others to achieve results. My motto, “Find a need and fill it!”
A recent personal triumph…In July of 2019, I embarked on a “Get Healthy Journey” with my Bride. One year later, we shed a combined 181 lbs.—101 for me and 80 for her! Our personal transformations inspired us to pay it forward by coaching the program we used to achieve our results. We focus on helping those seeking similar lifestyle transformations. We have coached over 500 clients to improved health, wellness, and a higher quality of life for themselves and their families.
In my spare time, I have completed multiple marathons. My wife, Brenda and I, enjoy many activities together, such as running, hiking, biking, paddleboarding, pickleball, travel to Kauai and easy access to wine country near our home in Northern California.
Education, Certifications, and Boards:
- Bachelor of Science from the United States Air Force Academy, graduating with military honors.
- Master of Science in Contract Management and Systems Acquisition from the Air Force Institute of Technology.
- Served as an Air Force Warranted Contracting Officer, primarily supporting Air Force Space Programs at the Space and Missile Systems Center.
- Retired Air Force with 25 years of service—10 Active Duty and 15 as a Reservist.
- In addition to being a Certified Professional Business Coach, I’ve earned the following certifications:
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional
- Certified Whole + Intentional Leader Development Toolkit Facilitator
- American Red Cross Gold Country Region Board Member—9 years of service. Oversight of Service to Armed Forces and their families, I supported biomedical services and completed my service as the Philanthropy and Outreach Committee Chair
Areas of Expertise:
- Contract Negotiation, Formation, and Execution
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Compliance, Business Ethics, and Integrity
- Build and Shape Corporate Culture
- Corporate Governance
- Internal Controls
- Leadership Development
- Change Management
- Military Career Transition
- Strategic and Critical Thinking
- Business Planning and Program Management
- Performance Management
- Employee Recruiting, Engagement, Retention & Investment
- Effective and Impactful Communication
- Team Collaboration
- Program Management