Joe Napoli is a dynamic and accomplished executive leader with a proven track record of managing complex, diverse organizations and guiding them to unparalleled success. With extensive experience in team leadership, strategic planning, and forging strategic alliances, Joe is recognized for his visionary approach to problem-solving and his ability to drive peak performance in cross-disciplinary teams.
As President of Napoli Global Solutions, Joe leverages his expertise as a certified Business Coach to guide organizations and individuals in strengthening leadership development, achieving strategic goals, and maximizing their potential.
Joe’s remarkable career includes serving as City Manager for the City of Cooper City, where he developed and implemented a historic strategic plan, expanding economic development opportunities and improving the effectiveness of city services. His tenure as Deputy City Manager for the City of Miami saw him spearhead a transformative strategic plan, address urgent demands of climate change and sea-level rise, and achieve substantial budget reductions through process improvements.
With a background in managing one of the largest U.S. airports as Chief of Staff at Miami International Airport (MIA), Joe secured worldwide partnerships, resulting in an exponential increase in passenger volume, economic impact, and cargo business growth. His commitment to renewable and energy-saving technologies positioned MIA as an industry leader.
Additionally, Joe’s career includes a role as a Senior Associate at Booz Allen Hamilton, a global strategy, management, technology, and engineering consulting firm. There, he managed the South Florida market and led large-scale consulting projects for the U.S. government. Joe developed and executed an expansive South Florida business development and marketing strategy that significantly propelled and expanded the South Florida market.
Joe’s dedication to public service extends to his service and career in the United States Military, where he held vital roles such as Strategic Advisor at the U.S. Southern Command, Chief of Staff for Strategic Effects with the Multinational Force – Iraq, and Senior Defense Official at the US Embassy in Argentina. Joe also honed his leadership skills leading tactical units in the 101st Airborne Division, 82nd Airborne Division, and 2nd Infantry Division in Korea.
He holds a Master of Arts in International Affairs from Columbia University, a Master of Arts in Strategic Studies from the U.S. Army War College, and a Bachelor of Science in General Engineering from the U.S. Military Academy. Fluent in both English and Spanish, Joe is also a Certified Professional Business Coach (Professional Business Coaches Alliance).
With a commitment to excellence, a visionary mindset, and a passion for fostering collaboration, Joe continues to make a significant impact in diverse sectors, contributing to the success of organizations and the betterment of communities.
Joe is married to his lovely wife Carolina, and they have two successful and prospering children, as well as a crazy and entertaining dog. He loves golf but unfortunately has learned that playing more does not necessarily equate to playing better.
Education, Certifications, and Boards:
- Master of Arts, International Affairs, Columbia University, New York, New York
- Master of Arts, Strategic Studies, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science, General Engineering, U.S. Military Academy, West Point, New York
- Certified Professional Business Coach (CPBC), Professional Business Coaches Alliance
- Adjunct Professor Miami Dade College Board of Directors
- Conversations to Remember – A nonprofit connecting high school and college students with senior citizens to combat the epidemic of loneliness.
- Vice President – Florida Council of Chapters Military Officers Association of America
Areas of Expertise
- Leadership Development
- Emerging Leaders Development
- Strategic Planning
- Organizational Culture and Values Development
- Organizational Management
- Team Building
- Crisis Planning and Management
- Public Speaking
Recognition and Awards
- Numerous Military Awards to include Legion of Merit and Bronze Star
- Proclamation designating Joseph Napoli Day Miami Dade County
- Distinguished Service Award City of Miami