Dr. Eliza Mountcastle Shah studied at Harvard University, earning an M.S and Ph.D. in Genetics and Neuroscience. She completed a post-Doctoral fellowship at Johns Hopkins Medical Institute and the National Human Genome Research Institute in Genetics and Public Policy Studies. She specialized in Organizational Behavior, especially communication across divisions in Innovation and Technology Transfer. Eliza believes that Mindfulness in our waking, working hours are keys to resilience, engagement, loyalty and innovation.
As CEO of Lifter Leadership and a partner in The Non-Obvious Company, Eliza has served as an executive coach and team facilitator for corporate clients in the areas of innovation, strategy, productive communications, leadership, workplace health and bias, mindful management, worker engagement, and team building across divisions.
Eliza has deeply studied human transformational practices – in companies, educational institutes, governments, and communities. She has developed special expertise in organizational behavior, productive reasoning, cross-cultural and inter-generational communications, and worker engagement. She has worked with technical talent – engineers, scientists, physicians, and IT professionals her entire career.
Eliza has been active in Hospice care for 20 years. She is also a contemplative musician specializing in voice and harp music delivery as a palliative care modality and is an Ambassador of the Chalice of Repose School of Music Thanatology. Eliza brings her ear for music and tuning of tension to her work with individuals and teams. Clients learn to skillfully tune tension to activate untapped potential, elevating performance, and coherent purposeful action. Conflicts and recurring complaints become entry points for deeper understanding, integrity, and intuition.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Harvard University (1996) in Genetics and Neuroscience
- Master of Science, Harvard University (1992) in Biochemistry, Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology
- Bachelor of Science, University of Maryland (1987) in Biochemistry with a Minor in Music
Community and Professional Affiliations
- CEO of Lifter Leadership
- Partner, Non-Obvious Company
- Ambassador to the Chalice of Repose School of Music Thanatology
- 2o Year Hospice Volunteer
Professional Business and Executive Coaching, Financial Planning, Risk Management, Entrepreneurial Endeavors, Ethics, and Leadership
- Lifter Leadership Certified Coach and Master Trainer (2018)
- Certified in Contemplative Musicianship, Saint Catherine’s University (2014)
- Rama Institute of Yogic Studies (2015)
- Professional Business Coaches Alliance (pending)
Areas of Expertise
- Executive and Business Coaching
- Life Coaching
- Conflict Resolution
- Organizational Behavior and Team Facilitation
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Stepping into Leadership
- Managing Technical Talent
- Growth through Transitions