Cindy Piva is the owner and founder of Thrive Business Strategies (established in 2009). She has a Bachelor of Commerce from UBC (B Comm), a Master Business Coach designation (MBC), is a founding member of the Global Alliance for Professional Leadership Development (GAPLD), and is a Certified Professional for Leadership Development (CPLD).
In her former business, Cindy owned and operated Pineridge Golf Course, developing and building the golf course, and then owning and operating it for over 20 years. It was like having 4 businesses, including coordinating and ensuring the operations of a restaurant, a liquor license, a golf shop, a club house, and the maintenance crew.
After selling Pineridge, Cindy took further training through the Professional Business Coaches Alliance (PBCA), an organization that upholds some of the highest standards for business and leadership coaching.
She now works with business owners, CEOs, and leaders to help them define their purposes, align their core values, streamline their operations, proactively plan their organizations strategically, grow as leaders, and implement focused best business practices customized to their unique needs. For non-profits, she is mindful of helping organizations thrive through purpose, involving volunteers, teams, and improving fundraising, while ensuring all stakeholders are included in the process.
Cindy has received “Coach of the Year – Western Region,” an esteemed award from her peers at the North American PBCA. She has also been a finalist twice for Kamloops Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards as “Service Provider 1-10.”
She loves giving back, and is a past-president of Kamloops West Rotary. She has trained over 2000 presidents-elect in leadership through her service as a President Elect Training Seminar (PETS) training leader and is the current district trainer for Rotary District 5060. She has been honoured with the Rotarian of the Year and President’s Award from her club as well as the District Governor’s Citation for Distinguished Service Award from the district. She is past-president of the Business and Professional Women’s Association. She also serves as a Director on the boards of the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce, the Kamloops Hospice Association, and the Professional Business Coaches Association of Canada.
Cindy enjoys travelling, curling, kayaking, paddle boarding, hiking, and spending time with her husband and three daughters.
Education, Certifications, and Boards:
- B Comm – Bachelor of Commerce from UBC, Vancouver, Canada
- CPBC – Certified Professional Business Coach from PBCA – 2009
- MBC – Master Business Coach from PBCA – the original designation – 2014
- CPMBC – Certified Professional Master Business Coach from PBCA2021
- Certified Extended DISC Trainer
- Certified Guerilla Marketing Coach
- Founding member of the Global Alliance for Professional Leadership Development (GAPLD),
- CPLD – Certified Professional for Leadership Development (CPLD)
- Current Director on Professional Business Coaches Association of Canada Board
- Current Director on Kamloops Chamber of Commerce Board
- Current Director on Kamloops Hospice Association Board
- Past President of Kamloops West Rotary
- Current District Trainer for Rotary District 5060
- Facilitation Trainer for Rotary District 5060
- President Elect Training Seminar Facilitator Trainer and Coach, Rotary PNWPETS
Areas of Expertise
- Expert in Business Coaching and Consulting
- Strategic Planning
- Personal Effectiveness
- Team Building
- Financial Management
- Streamlining operations
- Organizational Structure
- Grooming Emerging Leaders
- Peer Advisory Groups
- Mastermind Facilitation with Shared Experience
- Customer/Client Experience
Recognition and Awards
- Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards – Emerging Business of the Year, Pineridge Golf Course, 1991
- Coach of the Year – Western Division, Professional Business Coaches Alliance, 2014
- Rotarian of the Year – Kamloops West Rotary – An honor for leadership with the club 2016
- President’s Award – Kamloops West Rotary – 2017
- Service Provider Finalist, Kamloops Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards, was a finalist for many years, including 2014, 15, 17, 18, 19.
- District Governors Citation for Distinguished Service – Rotary District 5060 – 2020
- KTW Kamloops This Week Reader’s Choice Award as the Best in the category of Business Coaching and Consulting, 2021