Chia-Li Chien, Ph.D., CFP®, PMP®, CPBC, is a Succession Program Director at Value Growth Institute. Before her consulting practice, she held several senior management positions in Fortune 500 companies, including Diageo, ABB, CIGNA, and RSA Insurance Group. Dr. Chien is a frequent speaker about succession planning at national conferences and has published three books, including her most recent publication, “Enhancing Retirement Success Rates in the United States.” She publishes research on succession topics in a variety of academic and practitioner research journals. Dr. Chien serves on the boards of various national financial service associations. She holds a doctorate in financial planning and is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) as well as Project Management Professional (PMP®). Dr. Chien is an Assistant Professor and Director of the Financial Planning Program of California Lutheran University.
Chia-Li Chien is pronounced Jolly Jan.
Recognition & Awards
- Enhancing Retirement Success Rates in the United States
- 2020 American Book Award Winner in the Business: Personal Finance/Investing category on Nov. 20, 2020
- 2020 International Book Award Finalist on July 31, 2020.
- Work toward reward
- New England Book Festival on Dec 23, 2013
- Southern California Book Festival on Oct 05, 2013
- DIY Book Festival on July 08, 2013
- New York Book Festival on June 10, 2013.
- International Book Awards on May 20, 2013
- SAN FRANCISCO BOOK FESTIVAL on May 6, 2013
- Great Southeast Book Festival on March 6, 2013
- Show me the money
- Best Books Awards on October 26, 2010
- New England Book Festival on December 28, 2010
- Grants and Projects
- 2020 recipient of the School of Management Advisory Council Award for outstanding achievement in Research at California Lutheran University. Oct. 1, 2020. 100120 CLU SOM Faculty Awards
- CBC Federal Credit Union $17,100 Sponsorship for NRC950 Introduction of Personal Finance for working adults. Oct 2020 to May 2021. Intro to Personal Finance Flyer
- California Lutheran University Community Leaders Association $2,500 grant. 2019-2020.