Associate and Executive Coach
Krista Spader, MSM, CLU, CPCU is a certified Executive Coach and management consultant with extensive experience in leadership, operations management, organizational health and leadership/talent development. Krista has multi-line leadership experience across a number of operational departments. She has helped design and execute major organizational change driving business results, improving customer experience and enhancing employee opportunities.
With more than 20 years of leadership experience, Krista has a track record of coaching and developing leaders of all levels. In addition to leading her operations department, she is responsible for the talent identification, assessment and leadership development for her segment of more than 4500 employees and leaders. She also serves as a delegate in the development and execution of Enterprise Talent Strategy for a functional area of more than 24,000 employees.
Krista earned her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Pittsburgh and majored in Psychology with a minor in Math and English. She began her career in higher education administration at Penn State University, where her passion for both diversity & inclusion and for coaching, was fueled. Her leadership experience includes a number of key learning and leading opportunities. Some include:
- Groundbreaking organizational redesign which included the execution of changes to structure, physical footprint, processes, technology and workforce; impacting more than 25,000 employees.
- Later helped design, implement and train leaders in the largest claims function redesign in company history; impacting more than 33,000 employees across the U.S. and parts of Canada.
- Balancing profit and growth within State Farm’s Personal Lines Home/Tenant Lines as well as Commercial Fire & Auto Lines across the Pacific Northwest and Hawaii.
- Senior leader for Homeowners/Tenant and Commercial Claims department, managing claim trends, leading over 500 claims associates and leaders.
- Worked with local and state offices to identify major risks and influence contingency and response planning.
- Department head over 550 employees and leaders responsible for the quality settlement of complex injury, litigation and extra-contractual exposures across eight states.
- Strategy Development working directly with the senior leadership team over the Northeast market area (NY, NJ, PA, ME, RI, NH )
Never losing her love of working with aspiring young adults, Krista also volunteers at Illinois State University (ISU). There she serves as a Community Leader Mentor for ISU’s Innovation Consulting Community (ICC) which provides students experience in solving real community business challenges.
Krista earned her Master of Science in Management from the American College of Financial Services in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. She has served on the Board of Directors for Hawaii Property Insurance Association and for the Foundation for Private Enterprise Education/Washington Business Week. She and her husband, Tim have three children and reside in Bloomington, Illinois.