Lily Fong MBA, CLF®, CHFC®, CLU®, CASL®, RICP®, has over two decades of experience in the financial services profession and is passionate about helping others become successful in financial services and business. She is a top-notch business coach and multicultural leader who shows others how to identify their essential position within a team, become a collaborative team player, excel in leadership execution, managing mission-critical relationships, and recruiting top talent. Her years in the industry include progressive achievement delivering strategic business planning, igniting grassroots community engagement, and optimizing recruiting processes gave her expert-level ability to help others strengthen brand awareness, drive revenue, build and lead cross-functional teams, cultivate robust relationships, and shepherd joint ventures.
Lily has an MBA and BA in International Business from Monmouth University and five designations in both practitioner and leadership roles in the financial services industry.
Her accomplishments include:
- Boosted top-line growth across the “Quality of Life” product suite
- Growing the sales force within the independent brokerage channel
- Mobilized a new career sales force for an AIG/PICC China joint venture
- Propelled independent brokerage channel revenue 500%+ in just four years
- Directed development and deployment of in-language sales tools for producers to galvanize sales growth and productivity
- Surpassed recruiting goal by 300%+
- Exceeded FIA, Life, and LTC production goals by over 200% in 2005 and 2006
Areas of Expertise
- Cross-Functional Team Leadership
- Agent/Broker/MGA Selection & Recruiting
- Account Management
- Strategic Sales & Marketing
- Diversity & Inclusion
- New Business Opportunities
- Community Outreach
- Coaching & Training
- Long/Short-Term Strategic Planning
- Revenue Growth
- Public Relations
- Brand Stewardship
- Investment Profitability
- Strategic Partnerships
Lily was Vice President of Business Development at AIG, Senior Director of Multicultural Marketing for Allianz Life, and Field Development Marketing Officer at New England Financial (MetLife).
Lily received the D.C. White House Summit Top 50 Asian Women in Business Award, the International Leadership Foundation Leadership Award, nominated for one of the Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Award, awarded Volunteer of the Year for GAMA International, and received the GMAC President’s Award for Community Affairs.
She served on the Board of Directors of The American College of Financial Services Foundation [2017-2019], the National President of the Asian American Insurance & Financial Professionals Association [2017-2019], and served as Chair for International Development Chapters for GAMA International [2014-2016]
Lily is proud to be part of Philadelphia and is based out of Center City, she loves living near her parents who have settled in Old City. Her son, who also loves Philly, is receiving his Ph.D. in Neuroscience at UMass Amherst and plans go back to doing research in Philadelphia afterwards.